Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies


My 8th graders earned a class treat. Since there are only four of them, I needed to find something to make that I could easily control how much was made. I thought it would be nice to NOT use the oven for a change. I had a bag of marshmallows in my pantry that were screaming to be used. (Did you catch that personification? My students would love it!)  

Immediately, I thought of rice krispies treats. Then while browsing through Pinterest, I found a blog called Glorious Treats and a recipe called Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats. They are made like regular rice krispies treats adding crushed oreos to the rice krispies. 

Oreos - LOVE them! Rice Krispies Treats - LOVE them! Put them together??? YUMMO!! 

The recipe published on Glorious Treats doesn't have the frosting on top, but it was suggested to try. I also prefer to use the stove top instead of the microwave to melt the butter and marshmallows. I made a simple powdered sugar and milk frosting to put over the bars and then sprinkled them with big pieces of crushed oreos. Next time, I'll use more marshmallows and less cookies and cereal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment